The Connected Care Pilot Program will provide up to $100 million from the Universal Service Fund (USF) over a three-year period to selected applicants to support the provision of connected care services. The Commission adopted final rules for the Connected Care Pilot Program on April 2, 2020 (see FCC 20-44). The Pilot Program will provide funding for selected pilot projects to cover 85% of the eligible costs of broadband connectivity, network equipment, and information services necessary to provide connected care services to the intended patient population. The Pilot Program will not fund end-user devices or medical equipment.
The application window for the Connected Care Pilot Program closed on Monday, December 7, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET, and the Wireline Competition Bureau (Bureau) is no longer accepting applications for the Pilot. The Bueau announced in Public Notice DA 20-1315 that the Connected Care Pilot Program application window would be open from Friday, November 6, 2020 at 12 PM ET to Monday, December 7, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET. The Commission accepted applications for the Pilot Program through an online application system available on the Universal Service Administrative Company's (USAC) website. Applicants that are selected by the Commission to participate in the Connected Care Pilot Program will be notified. This page will be updated as additional information becomes available. To recieve updates and annoucements, please join the Connected Care Pilot Program email mailing list. For questions, please contact ConnectedCare@fcc.gov.
As of June 17, 2021, the Commission has selected 59 Pilot projects serving patients in 30 states and the District of Columbia, for over $57 million in funding. A list of the applications selected for participation in the Connected Care Pilot Program can be found below.
Copies of all applications filed for the Connected Care Pilot Program can be found in ECFS, Docket No. WC 18-213.
Orders, Public Notices, and Other Releases on the Connected Care Pilot Program
- WCB Announces Program Deadlines for Connected Care Participants - Public Notice, released 07/14/2021
- FCC Offers Guidance on Connected Care Pilot Program - Report & Order, released 06/21/2021
- FCC Approves Connected Care Pilot Program Guidance & 36 Projects - News Release, released 06/17/2021
- FCC Announces Second Set of Connected Care Pilot Program Projects - Public Notice, released 06/17/2021
- FCC Announces Initial Connected Care Pilot Program Projects - Public Notice, released 01/15/2021
- Connected Care Pilot Program Filing Window Opening 11/6/2020 12:00 PM ET - Public Notice, released 11/05/2020
- FCC Provides Information, Guidance for Connected Care Pilot Program - Public Notice, released 09/03/2020
- FCC Fights COVID-19 with $200M; Adopts Long-Term Connected Care Study - Order, released 04/02/2020