The Rural Tribal Priority Window provided an opportunity for Tribes in rural areas to directly access unassigned 2.5 GHz spectrum over their rural Tribal lands.The Window opened Monday, February 3, 2020, and closed on Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 6PM EDT. This webpage provides information about the Commission’s review of 2.5 GHz Tribal applications as well as other licensing information. Please visit the now-closed 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Window page for more detailed information and a list of applications submitted during the window.
All applicants will need to monitor the Commission’s Universal Licensing System (ULS), https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/systems-utilities/universal-licensing-system, and Daily Digest, https://www.fcc.gov/proceedings-actions/daily-digest, for notification of actions taken on their applications. Such notifications may be made by public notice which will be posted on this page under "Releases" and in the Daily Digest. Please be aware that individual notifications may not be provided; you will need to check regularly for notifications in ULS and the Daily Digest.
Applicants should also keep in mind that the 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Priority Window represented an opportunity to become a licensee subject to certain conditions and regulations. Applicants should be prepared to familiarize themselves with all legal and technical requirements as contained in the Commission’s rules, specifically those in Parts 1 and 27 of our rules for Commission licensees. A link to those rules can be found here: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title47/47tab_02.tpl.
This page contains releases after the close of the 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Window. To view earlier releases, visit the now-closed Rural Tribal Window webpage under the Releases tab.
- Ione Band of Miwok Indians Waiver Order (January 19, 2021)
- Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation Waiver Order (January 19, 2021)
- WTB Accepts for Filing 29 Additional 2.5 GHz Tribal Applications (January 14, 2021)
- FCC Grants Additional 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Priority Window Licenses (December 30, 2020)
- 2.5 GHz Spectrum Waiver Order (November 20, 2020)
- Kaumana Hawaiian Homes Community Association Waiver Order (November 12, 2020)
- FCC Announces More Tribal Spectrum Applications Accepted for Filing (November 10, 2020)
- FCC Grants First Licenses in 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Priority Window (October 23, 2020)
- First 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Window Applications Accepted for Filing (September 15, 2020)
- FCC Announces Close of 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Priority Window (September 3, 2020)
The 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Window Application mapping tool is provided to assist entities to locate 2.5 GHz Rural Priority Tribal Window applications that are in a Pending, Accepted for Filing, or Granted status. This mapping tool is NOT an official representation of application status; users should consult the FCC's Universal Licensing System (ULS) to confirm the exact status of any application.
To access the mapping tool, click on the "View Map" button below.
To notify the FCC that a construction buildout requirement was timely met, you must file the Required Notification application via ULS, no later than 15 days after the construction requirement deadline (buildout deadline).
Searching by your call sign in ULS license search you can find your buildout notification date on the main license tab.
Steps to Filing a Required Notification of Construction in the Universal Licensing System (ULS):
1. Go to https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp and log in with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password. After entering your password, proceed to Step 2 below to begin filing the application.
2. If you are taken to the My Applications page after logging in, click the My Licenses link on the navigation bar on the left side of the page.
3. Click the applicable call sign displayed on the My Licenses page.
4. Select the Notify the FCC link under Work On This License on the right side of the page.
5. On the Application Purpose page, select a purpose code (purpose codes displayed will be dynamic based on the radio service of the call signs selected) and click the Continue button.
6. Provide the actual construction date for all frequencies and locations (cellular) for which you are providing notice of construction. Clicking the Apply to All button will apply the first date entered to all of the license components only on that page.
7. Complete the Fees and Waivers page and click the Continue button.
8. On the Summary page, click the Continue to Certify button.
9. On the Certification page, review the certification statements, sign your application by typing your name in the appropriate boxes and click the Submit Application button.