In response to many requests, the Media Bureau has posted source code for some of the programs used by its staff. Additional source code will be added from time to time, and corresponding links will be posted to this page.
The source code is released subject to the following caveats:
- The files are provided for information only, to show processing logic. We do not guarantee that any code released here will compile into an executable program or provide correct results.
- All files are subject to change at any time, without notice.
- The list of files may not be complete. Programs may use or reference data fields not included in publicly released data.
- CDBS files may not always be kept current with changes to CDBS software.
- CDBS files contain C language code, translated by conversion software from Fortran to C. The Promula code may be difficult to interpret. The code does NOT include the proprietary Promula libraries, which are needed to readily compile the source code into an executable program. The staff cannot provide these libraries or assistance in interpreting the translated code.
- CDBS programs are tied to the FCC programming environment, including the Sybase database.
- The FCC will not provide assistance in interpreting the source code or in getting the programs to run on your system, or in verifying the results of your assembled code. Nor will we provide simplified versions of programs for public use.
- The FCC makes no commitment to provide timely updates or correction of any source code file available here, or to provide additional packages in response to a request.