The Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau coordinates disaster and other incident management activities for the Commission, including:
- Preparedness and response;
- Information sharing and situational awareness activities, such as activation of the Disaster Information Reporting System and monitoring radio frequencies to assess any impact to commercial and first responder communications and infrastructure;
- On-site support for and outreach to federal, state, local, Tribal, and territorial first responders and other public safety officials;
- Rapid response to requests from communications providers for Special Temporary Authority or other actions to help them maintain and restore communications;
- Requests for information or assistance from public safety and government partners.
It also conducts investigations into major network outages and oversees the Wireless Resiliency Cooperative Framework.
- Hurricane Ida
- Tropical Storm Henri
- Verizon Wireless Outage of April 27, 2021 - Incident Report
- Winter Storm Uri
- Verizon Internet Outage of January 26, 2021 - Incident Report