CARS stations are point-to-point or point-to-multipoint microwave systems used by cable and other MVPD operators. CARS stations cannot be used to distribute programming directly to subscribers. Sec. 78.18 lists the frequency assignments for CARS.
The eligibility requirements for CARS are outlined in Sec. 78.13. Applications for CARS licenses can be electronically filed using COALS Electronic Filing. Paper filings require completed FCC Forms 327 and 159 (Fee Filing Form) with the appropriate fee mailed to the address below:
Federal Communications Commission
Media Bureau, Industry Analysis Division
P. O. Box 979089
St. Louis, MO 63197-9000
- MVPD Registrations and AFNs: John Kiefer at 202-418-2934
- CARS: Gloria Conway at 202-418-7001
- CLIs and MVPD technical issues: Sean Mirzadegan at 202-418-7111
- Spectrum issues including broadcast: Walid Kassem at 202-418-1031
- For all Media Bureau inquiries, check the MB Subject Matter Expert List
If you have been contacted by the FCC staff by phone or by letter regarding a registration, aeronautical frequency notification, basic signal leakage performance report (CLI) or CARS application requesting more information, unless otherwise directed, please send all requested information to the address below with the reference number and the name of the person requesting the information for faster processing.